Enhanced Session Mode is used to give a Hyper-V virtual machine access to some of the resources on the local computer, such as USB devices and printers, without a network connection between the host and the guest.
All of the Hyper-V Exam Guide and Notes are available.
- Use local resources on Hyper-V virtual machines with VMConnect
- Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 8.1
- Gives a virtual machine access to local computer resources through VMConnect;
- As you are running VMConnect on the Hyper-V host a network connection to the virtual machine is not required;
- Needs to be enabled on both the Hyper-V host and in User Settings;
- The following resources can be shared:
- Clipboards for copy and paste;
- USB devices;
- Supported plug and play devices;
- Smart cards;
- Display configuration;
- VMConnect needs to be run on Windows 8 or later, or Windows Server 2012 or later;
- The guest operating system must have Remote Desktop Services enabled and be running Windows 8.1 or later, or Windows Server 2012 R2 or later;
- Your virtual machine user account must be a member of the local Administrators group or Remote Desktop Users group;